Sunday, June 1, 2014

My son WON it!

Believe it or not, we ran another race today, and this time the boys were able to join us!
We look forward to this event each year now, and this morning proved why.  It was so much fun!  We got to visit with lots of our friends, and run a great course right through the town of Norway!

Our oldest son WON the race with a time of 18:29!  I couldn't believe it when I saw that he was leading the pack.  Little brother and I started yelling and cheering for him, and everyone around us joined in.  When I finished the race and found out that he held on to that lead and finished first, I was so incredibly happy and excited for him!!

Big sister came in 32nd and was the 1st girl under 19, with a time of 24:18; her sister was really hot on her heels in 33rd place and 2nd girl under 19 with a time of 24:22;  middle sister came in 53rd with a time of 26:32; little brother came in 91st with a time of 30:40(he kept me company for the majority of the race); and I came in 106th with a time of 32:24...out of 261 participants.

I'm always so proud of us after these races, but today I can hardly contain myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment