Monday, June 9, 2014

One thing leads to another...

The other day we saw this license plate and the kiddos all told me that I had to take a picture because 'it' was their favorite.  I had no idea what they were talking about, but snapped the picture before the truck turned away, and then asked them what 'The BFG' was.  Apparently, it's the title of a book by Raold Dahl about The Big Friendly Giant (As opposed to all those other evil giants that we should be afraid of!).
So, we visited the library and got some reading material for the weekend... 
You're never too old to read a Children's Classic!  And, it is a really cute story, with lots of silliness that would appeal to children of all ages.  A friend told me she was going to look for it so that she could read it to her babies and I must admit that I'm slightly jealous.  I bet it's going to be super fun to say all those goofy words out loud and listen to them laugh!

1 comment:

  1. Also get "Danny the Champion of the World"- it's an awesome read-aloud and a sweet story!

    ReplyDelete