Monday, May 2, 2016

It's time to start!


Here we go...I've signed up for my next half-marathon - the Mount Desert Island Half on October 16th. That gives me 24 weeks to train.
I used this 12 week beginner program to prepare for running Niagara Falls and that went well for my first half. MDI is a much more difficult course (hilly) though,  so my plan is to complete this 12 week program and then move up to the next level and do that 12 week program before running the race. Barring accidents or injuries, I will be strong & ready!
I'm posting this here because some people have told me that they're curious about what it takes to complete such a challenge. If anyone would like to join me, let me know. Or follow along - I'll be posting updates as l go!
If I can do this, ANYONE can. For me, it's not about winning, placing, or beating anyone else. (Although the people who actually race have all my admiration!) It's about enjoying a beautiful course (Hello? Coast of Maine?!) while visiting with friends, getting fresh air and exercise, and challenging myself to get out there and finish that 13.1 miles, whether I run, walk, skip, or crawl!
This program is written by Hal Higdon and can be found on his website, along with lots of useful, common sense information regarding running. http://www.halhigdon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment