Sunday, October 19, 2014

2nd Annual West Paris Pumpkin Run 5k

Our little town sure knows how to put on wicked fun events!  The Annual Pumpkin Run is no exception! 
This was our 2nd year running the race and it was just as much fun as it was last year, except that this year my oldest WON it!  We are all so excited and proud of him for working so hard and reaching his goal.  He was quite determined after coming in 2nd last year that this was HIS year.  He ran his race, which was not easy thanks to the bitterly cold strong wind, and earned it!
His brother also had a great race and really pushed himself so that he could place in the top 10 this year.  His speedy sisters were right behind him, placing 11th & 25th overall.  I didn't beat my goal time of 30 minutes, but am extremely happy with my time of 30:58, which put me 2nd in my age group!  
This is definitely one of our favorite races of the season and we can't wait to come back next year!  As much as we love running races, we especially love running and visiting with our friends and neighbors!

No comments:

Post a Comment