Tuesday, January 22, 2013

When we met...

3 years ago today, a customer walked through the doors of Tractor Supply.  I was working in the clothing department, rearranging shirts, when he walked up and asked me if we sold blue Carhartt pants.  I told him, "No. But, we can go check the computer and maybe I could special order them for you?"  He told me that was okay and left. I remember feeling sorry because I would have liked to talk to him some more. An hour or so later, I got the chance...
The first picture of us together. I took it with my phone because my sister in Tennessee kept asking me what he looked like.
He told me later that he had felt the same way, so he came back to the store. He found me in the backroom, stacking pallets and stuck his head through the door to speak to me.  He told me that he had noticed I wasn't wearing a wedding ring.  I explained that I wasn't actually divorced yet, but unfortunately my husband and I were splitting up.  He said he was going through the same thing and if I ever needed anyone to talk to, I could call him.  At which point he wrote down his phone number for me.  I was too shy to call him, but he started coming into the store regularly to see me and very soon we found ourselves falling in love.
And, of course, when you're newly in love, you have to have a kissing picture to show your friends too!
That was the beginning of the happiest relationship that either or us has ever been in.   Our marriage is filled with affection, good communication, laughter, love and understanding.  We look forward to spending the rest of our lives together and can only hope that at some point time will slow down, because these first 3 years have gone by way too quickly!

2 comments:

  1. Love this story!!! And you TWO !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It's such a funny story, I decided that I just had to tell it. Well, part of it anyway. ;-)

    ReplyDelete