Saturday, January 26, 2013

Fear of Skating?

I took this picture as soon as I got on the ice...saying to myself, (and anyone else who would listen) "What am I thinking?"  I have not skated since I was a little kid.  As an adult I've been way too scared of falling on that hard ice.  This morning the girls asked if I would take them skating .  I wanted to take them, but it was so cold and usually I sit on the bench and freeze my butt off.  I gave myself a talking to, "When has the fear of falling ever kept me off a horse?!" So, I dusted off the skates that were a gift from my parents many, many years ago and followed the girls onto the ice. We had a great time and that was so much more fun than just sitting there watching them!  And I didn't even fall! Well, okay, maybe once, but I controlled it and only went to one knee.  Hopefully next time I won't fall at all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment