Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Good-bye Scrappy


One of my favorite breeds of chicken is the Bantam Sumatra. The roosters' overly long, black (but luminescent) feathers gleam with all the colors of the rainbow as they wander around the yard. My rooster, Scrappy, was the oldest chicken in the yard. I've lost count of how many years that I have enjoyed his company. Today he passed away. He had survived so many different things over the years that I had kinda hoped he would live forever. A special thanks to my husband for taking care of him before I got home. I'm not sure I could have handled it. I'm not ashamed to admit that I had many conversations with this old bird. He was a great addition to my farm. Happy trails, ol' man. You were a beautiful boy, and we (Your family & all your 'girls'!) will miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment