Saturday, December 9, 2017

Millinockett Marathon & Half

Last year I photographed this great event that raises funds and spirits in this pretty little town. Watching everyone cross the finish line with happy faces despite the harsh conditions made me determined to heal my body and join them this year! It was hard work, but it was all worth it to be out there in that beautiful wilderness with so many great people. I was so glad to be out there today!
He might have been feeling a bit anxious walking up to the start of the marathon...it was COLD!!








We didn't run that far, but we borrowed the sign to pose for a photo because that runner on the left is a musher friend. I couldn't wait to show his wife the pic! We had a good laugh over it!


I think he was happy to be done! He didn't know it at the time, but he placed 3rd in his age group again. Awesome!

We were definitely feeling a sense of accomplishment when they gave us our Sea to Summit Medals for completing both the MDI and Millinockett courses this fall. Whew!

This one reminds me of the song we used to sing in Girl Scouts: 'Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other's gold.' It was so awesome to see a friend from my team penning days run her first half marathon and love every minute of it! And kudos to my running partner for doing it despite having a terrible chest cold. Now that's strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment