Thursday, November 2, 2017

Cross Country Season is Over

This afternoon we attended the Cross Country End of Season Awards. He received his Varsity pin, Runner of the Meet for his breakout race at Leavitt, and earned The Coaches Award! I'm so very proud  of his efforts this season, and it's nice that his coach recognizes and appreciates the character underneath his 'jokester' facade. This is such a great group of friends and I wish them all the best of luck in their future runs! 
It's always so sad to see the cross country season end, but it's especially bittersweet this year. I might've gotten a bit misty eyed when I realized I won't be attending any more meets. I'll always remember that afternoon when big brother came home and 'out of the blue' announced that he had joined the cross country team! That was definitely a life-changing moment for everyone in our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment