Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Building Strength of Character

Look out World! Here comes Sorcerer Mickey!! 

He made me cry though. He gets bullied so badly at school, and yet he wore this costume today anyway. This afternoon his ski team is racing in a costume duathlon. I suggested that perhaps it would be easier for him if I brought the costume and he changed into it later on. He told me, "No. Because if I don't wear it, then the bullies have won before the battle has even begun. I would rather let them bring it on, and face it, than not wear this. I promised my team that I would wear my costume this morning."  He is far braver than any of them!

This evening I asked him how it went.  He told me that he did get teased, but he also recieved a lot of compliments, which made it worth wearing the costume!  And, one of his buddies liked his homemade hat so much that he gave it to him.  I guess we'll be making him another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment