Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Harrison Run by the Lake 5k

Every Wednesday my neighbor, her little girl, and I meet in the evening for a 3 mile run.  She asked me if this week I would like to run a race instead.  My answer? "Absolutely!"  It's so much more fun to do a workout with a big group of runners & friends.  I invited my boss along as well because she had never run a 5k race before!  (Even though she is an avid runner and ran 2 half-marathons last year.)  I maintained my usual race time despite extreme heat, humidity, and hills, although I do wish that I had pulled out the phone camera and captured the rainbow that we ran towards at the finish line.  It was amazing!  My friends did great & my boss even won her age group!  Pushing that heavy stroller up all the hills didn't slow my neighbor down much and she was satisfied with her time.  
The best part was that every runner received a whoopee pie as a reward.  We sure enjoyed those!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment